ATTENTION! Do you know your landlords responsibilities?
What are my responsibilities as a Landlord?
1. To make sure that the property is clean before the tenant moves in.
2. To make sure heating and plumbing are in working order and well maintained.
3. To make sure all gas boilers must have annual maintenance checks and a certificate issued. The tenant must have sight of this.
4. To make sure any mains connected smoke alarms should be checked as working annually.
5. To make sure that furniture meets current fire regulations. If you’re letting a property part –furnished or fully furnished
6. To make sure that you provide an inventory and get it signed off by the tenant, it also helps to include notes as the current condition of furnishings.
7. The property must have a current Energy performance certificate (EPC)